Join Minnstameets this Saturday for an exclusive look at the Art Shanty Projects on White Bear Lake! Visit the shanties, meet the artists, and enjoy treats from @sevensundaysmn and @blackeyeroastingco all before the crowds roll in!
Below are a few details about the @artshantyprojects from Jill who is working as their staff photographer this year!
• It is about 30-40 minutes from Mpls
• To get there, use google maps with "White Bear Lake County Park 51110"
• It will take you to a park with a large lot where you can leave your car
• The shanties are on a frozen lake - but only about a block or two from shore.
• There is a very well plowed path leading out to the shanties.
• There are no bathrooms on the ice, but several back on shore.
• There will be a food truck or you are welcome to bring your own snacks, food, beverages.
• White Bear Lake is a super cute town with a lot of restaurants and shops.
• If you have kids, a rugged jog stroller could work, but a sled would be great too!
• Dress like you are going sledding: ski gloves, snow boots, hats, etc. There can be a little more wind on the ice than on shore.
• Non-service dogs are discouraged.
• Each shanty has artists inside and a different theme. They invite you into their shanty to interact. There's even a dance shanty!
• There are several ongoing performances like magic shows and parades - see their site for details
• Truly fun for all ages